Lets Go Treasure Hunting

I have always romanticized the sunken treasure idea. The adventure, beating the odds, overcoming perils, enjoying the journey and reaping the benefits in the end.

If only I had the same enthusiasm and excitement for finding buried treasure in the Bible where it clearly states that God is the only treasure worth having.

All other treasures will perish. Why doesn’t that seem to matter? I guess it is human nature – the fallen one. In the beginning what did Adam and Eve find pleasure in? What did they value? That is to be determined next week.

I guess, for me, treasure is pleasure. I seek pleasure like a pirate seeks treasure. I eat like an alcoholic seeks a buzz and I buy art supplies like a hoarder buys magazines.

That is my journey for now…changing course,  seeking God rather than earthly pleasure. (At the writing of this I have purchased, wire, books and tea. And I am looking for cookies to eat. I really need to switch this out soon.

Now, therefore, thus says the LORD of hosts: Consider your ways.
You have sown much, and harvested little. You eat, but you never have enough; you drink, but you never have your fill. You clothe yourselves, but no one is warm. And he who earns wages does so to put them into a bag with holes.

Haggai 1:5-6 (ESV)

Hopefully I can get some artwork done concerning this but for now, I am constantly delighted by light contrasting dark. Tree 1 is a draft, needs work –hopefully I’ll have time tomorrow.

tree one

Popular Posts